Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sewing Needle Book


Sooooo, this is my sewing needle book!  I love the fabric and will you look at that perfect button I selected!


I still need to do a little more tweaking.  I have embroidery, beading, sewing, quilting and crewel needles to add.



Anyway, I like it so far.


I have been wanting to do a hexagon quilt.  I predict this will take my three to four years because it's my go-to project when I need a distraction from whatever I'm working on.  



I can't seem to get enough of this pattern.  I made the white one into a pillow because I used a cotton yarn and it ended up being humungous!  I'm still so impressed with myself for following a pattern and not going off on my own tangent.  

On another note, this Sunday will be the beginning of my Dear Jane quilt.  Quite an undertaking.  I will be going to Lisa's Clover Hill Quilt shop once a month with other brave individuals to make our take on this popular awesome quilt.  I cannot wait!  I am going to post my progress because this is so huge and I will need to show it off.  This quilt will end up being for me!  


It has 225 different 4x4 blocks.  There will be times I will hate working on this, but I know I will love it in the end.  We learn a row a month so this will take over a year to learn.  Now finishing it can take years.  Maybe I'll have grandchildren by then!


I saw my third favorite bumper sticker the other day.  It said, "Someone told me I was a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."  

Thanks for checking in!




No comments:

Post a Comment