Thursday, December 27, 2012

Prepare to Be Amazed!

Ok fellow sewing buddies, prepare to be amazed as to what I just discovered!  Quilt-as-you-go Dear Jane blocks!  Yippee!  I've been kicking around this idea as I'm making my Dear Jane quilt and then I saw a blogger on Pinterest with directions on this awesome idea.


First, square up your blocks.


Quilt block, then square off.



Make two sets of strips the height of the block for sashing.  Front sashing is one inch and the back is 1 3/4 inches.  Fold and press the 1 3/4 inch strip wrong sides together.


 Place one inch strip right sides together on front.  The back strip is placed raw edges out, folded side in.  Sew 1/4 inch seam.



 I forgot to take a picture on adding the second block.  Sew the second block right sides together to the front strip only.

The back strip then gets hand sewed down.


First row front:

First row back:

 Then sew the rows together using the same method.


 It's better to sew the strips down before you sew row together.  I was too excited to see how it works.  


Now bind as usual.  Isn't it just an awesome idea?  I'm going to do this on my Dear Jane quilt.  I think I might use different backing blocks so it'll look like a patchwork quilt on the back.  I simply love it!


 Oh Lisa, I hope you are proud of me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment