Saturday, December 1, 2012

Getting there...

I spent the day today working on my kaleidoscope quilt.  The components of the wedges are put together.  No matter how careful I was, my wedges aren't all uniform.  One or two will have trouble with the 1/4 inch seam.  This is why I prefer wonky stuff.  I'm not very good at being precise.  This is what I have so far, the wedges aren't sew together yet.


The middle star is from my first attempt, which of course, I didn't like.  It does look pretty good here though.  I think I need to step away for awhile.  My normal self would just put it together haphazardly and maybe not finish it.  I'm determined to not let this happen.  I want to like it.  I'm thinking maybe the outer edges should be yellow instead of blue to lighten it up a bit.  Or black... More thinking...

Tomorrow I'm taking a locker hooking class.  It's sort of a weaving with strips of fabric.  It'll be a good break.

I haven't even looked at my Dear Jane blocks!  Oh no!  Maybe this week at open sew.

Thanks for looking and listening to me whine.


No comments:

Post a Comment