Monday, January 14, 2013

Post Quilting Retreat

Whew!  I got back yesterday from my first sewing retreat at Camp Hazen in Chester.  It was awesome!

This is the view from where I sewed for three days with a total of about thirty hours:


The lake was fogged over all day Saturday but it was wonderful looking out all those windows.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love windows!  I met so many wonderful people.  I can't wait to go back.  Maybe in March...

First I worked on this quilt.  I didn't realize the HUGE mistake I made until today when I put it up on my design wall.  Ugh!!!!  How frustrating!  I guess it would have been worse if I added the backing and stitched up the binding. I'm going to have to frog it.  I do like it though.  


I experimented with a technique from Ann Brauer I saw in a Quilting Arts magazine. It was going to be a wall hanging, but then I made it into a project carrier.  I love it!  The picture doesn't do it justice though.



Each strip is a finished 1/4 inch strip.  I braided the remaining fabric for handles and stitched in ziploc bags.  Love it!

I made a snap bag:


And I cut out thousands of teeny tiny one inch half squares.  When I say teeny tiny, I'm not exaggerating.


There are four sets of different colors.  I have an idea in my head that I'm not ready to share or even start yet.  It's on the back burner for now.

I worked on my crocheted blanket for a couple of hours in front of a fireplace.


Someone dropped off a few blocks at Lisa's Clover Hill Quilts the other day.  Lisa gave them to me and I made this cute little quilt:


It's a bit old fashioned, but all I had to do was come up with this neato design and sew them together. 

Let's see...  What else?  We were fed morning, noon and night.  I ate morning, noon and night. I read a few pages from the latest book I'm reading, For Time and Eternity by Allison Pittman in my sleeping bag on a bunk made for little kids. 

As much as I love my Isabelle, it was nice to be away for a couple of days.  She's punishing me, 


I mean loving me:


All in all, I had a wonderful time.  It was good to get away for awhile.  My dear friend Kitty was supposed to attend, but she came down with the flu.  We all did think of her throughout the day.  

Oh, my second amaryllis bloomed nicely.  You can't tell, but there are five red flowers.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment